The new Mandate aims to reflect the recommendations of the Francis Report and the inquiry into the abuse at Winterbourne View Hospital. The Mandate will also reflect the development of the vulnerable older people plan.
The link for the webpage is here:
The consultation focuses on proposed changes to the current objectives. These include:
- The target to have two-thirds of the estimated number of people with dementia to be given a diagnosis
- A priority to ensure acute and emergency care for people in mental health crisis
- New access and waiting time standards for mental health services and IAPT services
- New actions to ensure those with learning disabilities and autism receive safe and appropriate care
- New actions to reflect the recommendations of the Francis Inquiry
The consultation document can be found at:
There are 21 questions on this consultation. They are listed on pages 28-29 and are in the attached response form.
FPoP: 22nd Aug 2013 10:00:00
'Clinical Psychology in Early Stage Dementia Care Pathway' and 'A Guide to Psychosocial Interventions in Dementia'
Friday 5th December sees the launch at the British Psychological Society’s Division of Clinical Psychology Annual Conference in Glasgow of Clinical Psychology in Early Stage Dementia Care Pathway and A Guide to Psychosocial Interventions in Dementia.
FPOP 2014 The (New) Art of the Possible June 25 - 26th
Please see the draft detailed programme for the Shrewsbury conference in the attached link. Numbers are slowly creeping up.
FPOP 2014 Conference - 6 weeks to go
Please register for the FPOP conference as soon as possible. Current low registrations may mean this event will need to be cancelled if numbers haven't substantially increased by 20th May.
Professor Esme Moniz Cook awarded NHS Champion Innovator of the year
Her work with people with dementia, their carers and staff working in memory clinics is renowned world wide. Much of her work has been done in collaboration with other FPOP members including Bob Woods, Ian Andrew James, Graham Stokes and other psychologists.
South Thames FPOP CPD event
The South Thames FPOP has organised a CPD event on Psychosis in Later Life.